ozfortress season 22 Announcement
Welcome back everyone! After an exciting Ultiduo tournament, ozfortress season 22 is upon us, the flagship competitive TF2 event for the Oceanic region returns for the second time in 2018. As usual, the league will be run using the highly successful Warzone. Whether you are a hardened veteran of the scene or a newcomer to 6v6 TF2 there will be a place for you in ozfortress season 22 and we hope to see you there!
OZF 22 will feature 3 brackets: Premier, Intermediate and Open. Premier will have a round robin group stage while the lower two brackets will consist of a Swiss group stage. All brackets will continue using the Page Playoffs format. Grand Finals for Premier shall be played as a no-advantage best of 5, while Open and Intermediate Grand Finals will be a best of 3. Premier will have 8 teams while Intermediate's bracket size is pending signups. Open will have an unrestricted number of teams.
All server booking will continue to be done through ozfortress discord. Simply join the #bookings channel in the ozfortress Discord and type /book and details of your server booking will be PM'd to you. To view more commands, type /help in the #bookings channel.
In Citadel, Captains can create Teams using the "Start Team" button on the Teams page. Once created, Captains can invite players to the Team. Team invites are shown on a player's profile, which can be accessed by clicking on your name next to the bell on the top right hand corner of your screen. Teams provide a pool of players that can be signed up for a tournament. Players may be in the pool for multiple teams but only one Roster for any given tournament. Captains may sign up a Roster for tournaments under the League page.
If you're new and not sure how to get started, don't fret! Check out the #recruitment section of the ozfortress Discord where you can express your interest in joining a team, or peruse potential players to form a team of your own. Teams are normally comprised of 1 Medic, 1 Demoman, 2 Soldiers and 2 Scouts. If you're new to the competitive scene, click here for an introduction to ozfortress!
Please ensure you have enough backups to last the season; teams are allowed a maximum of 10 players rostered for any single tournament.
With a host of experienced casters and expert producers, TFLIVE remains your number 1 destination for ozfortress coverage. Catch live coverage on the TFLIVE Twitch channel and find VODs of previous games on the TFLIVE YouTube.
You can sign up for ozfortress season 22 from Wednesday the 2nd of May up until Sunday the 13th of May. This is a slight change from previous seasons, in which the seedings were released the same day that the season starts. In order to ensure that seeding is done properly and that teams have ample time to organise their round 1 matches, ozfortress season 22 will begin on Sunday the 20th of May, 1 week after signups close. Seedings and first round fixtures for ozfortress 22 will be released on Thursday the 17th of May.
RULE CHANGES, CLARIFICATIONS AND IMPORTANT NOTES
- Added: In the event of a disagreement, the home team will have preference of team colour.
- Added: Match fixing rules.
- Clarified respawn / resupply exploits.
- Clarified match resumption after a server issue.
- Only one mercenary at any active point of the match, not one mercenary per match. As usual, any mercenary must be approved by the opposing team.
- Mutual forfeits count towards the 2-FFW-removal-from-league count.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO REMEMBER (THESE ALREADY EXISTED)
- Transfers is three part process! It is not as simple as just inviting a player. You must APPLY for the transfer.
- Deadline for match time to be organised is Sunday 7PM.
- Use the proper map version and remember to exec config! As simple as 'rcon ozf' or 'rcon ozfkoth'.
- No draws on maps (i.e. 3-3 on Granary) - Golden Cap must be played in this situation. However, match draws are accepted (1 map win for each team). The config for Golden Cap is 'rcon golden'.
- If your game is casted by an approved casting organisation, proper aliases are required. There are now infractions for disobeying this rule.
- Post logs and submit/verify scores after each match. This applies to both the home and away team.
- Two forfeits and your team will be removed from the league. The season is a short seven weeks and two forfeits is more than reasonable.
Full ruleset here: http://warzone.ozfortress.com/rules
MAP CHANGES SINCE LAST SEASON
We are continuing with the reordered version of the maps that we established last season. Expect the rotation to be shuffled around every 2-3 seasons.
Product: Updated from rc8 to rc9
New versions of all maps have been pushed to the ozfortress servers.