ozfortress season 21 Announcement
Welcome back everyone! ozfortress season 21 is upon us, the flagship competitive TF2 event for the Oceanic region returns and is ready to start 2018 with a crack! As usual, the league will be run using the highly successful league system: Citadel. Whether you are a hardened veteran of the scene or a newcomer to 6v6 TF2 there will be a place for you in ozfortress season 21 and we hope to see you there!
OZF 21 will feature 3 brackets: Premier, Intermediate and Open. Premier will have a round robin group stage while the lower two brackets will consist of a Swiss group stage. All brackets will continue using the Page Playoffs format. Grand Finals for Premier shall be played as a no-advantage best of 5, while Open and Intermediate Grand Finals will remain a best of 3. Premier will have 8 teams while Intermediate's bracket size is pending signups. Open will have an unrestricted number of teams. There have been no changes to the tournament structure.
As of ozfortress season 21, an altered version of the infraction system will be reintroduced. Infractions will be divided into 2 categories; competitive infractions for game-play related misdemeanours and community infractions which will apply to all official ozfortress mediums, such as in-game chat, match threads and the ozfortress Discord. The full infraction list will be announced in a news post shortly and will be in effect before the commencement of Season 21.
For ozfortress season 21, the order in which the maps will be played has changed, however there has been no actual changes to the map pool. The new map rotation can be seen here.
This season, we also welcome a new member to the ozfortress staff, Thermite. Thermite will be managing the Premier bracket alongside obla.
All server booking will continue to be done through ozfortress discord. Simply join the #bookings channel in the ozfortress Discord and type /book and details of your server booking will be PM'd to you. To view more commands, type /help in the #bookings channel.
In Citadel, Captains can create Teams using the "Start Team" button on the Teams page. Once created, Captains can invite players to the Team. Team invites are shown on a player's profile, which can be accessed by clicking on your name next to the bell on the top right hand corner of your screen. Teams provide a pool of players that can be signed up for a tournament. Players may be in the pool for multiple teams but only one Roster for any given tournament. Captains may sign up a Roster for tournaments under the League page.
If you are using an existing team, you do not have to recreate your team again! Simply sign up your OZF 21 roster using your existing team.
If you're new and not sure how to get started, don't fret! Check out the #recruitment section of the ozfortress Discord where you can express your interest in joining a team, or peruse potential players to form a team of your own. Teams are normally comprised of 1 Medic, 1 Demoman, 2 Soldiers and 2 Scouts. If you're new to the competitive scene, click here for an introduction to ozfortress!
Please ensure you have enough backups to last the season; teams are allowed a maximum of 10 players rostered for any single tournament.
TFLIVE will once again be returning this season as your number 1 destination for ozfortress coverage. Featuring an experienced lineup of casters and the highest quality TF2 production, TFLIVE is the home of Premier Oceanic TF2 coverage. If you're looking for past matches to get a feel for the game, they can be found on the TFLIVE YouTube. However, the best way to learn the game is usually to just start playing. Whether you're a veteran or new to the scene, get on a team and come play!
You can sign up from Tuesday 16th of January up until Friday 26th of January, with the season starting on Sunday 28th of January.
RULE CHANGES, CLARIFICATIONS AND IMPORTANT NOTES
- Infractions will be reintroduced. However, there will be a new infraction system, which will be released when final placements are announced. It will be split into community and competitive infractions. Community infractions will be effective immediately after the full announcement whilst competitive infractions will be enforced from OZF 21.
- Added: Transfers will be approved by administrators no later than Saturday at 11:59 PM.
- Only one mercenary at any active point of the match, not one mercenary per match. As usual, any mercenary must be approved by the opposing team.
- Mutual forfeits count towards the 2-FFW-removal-from-league count.
- Third party exploits on alternate accounts is prohibited and has now been explicitly stated in the ruleset.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO REMEMBER (THESE ALREADY EXISTED)
- Transfers is three part process! It is not as simple as just inviting a player. You must APPLY for the transfer.
- Deadline for match time to be organised is Sunday 7PM.
- Use the proper map version and remember to exec config! As simple as 'rcon ozf' or 'rcon ozfkoth'.
- No draws on maps (i.e. 3-3 on Granary) - Golden Cap must be played in this situation. However, match draws are accepted (1 map win for each team). The config for Golden Cap is 'rcon golden'.
- If your game is casted by an approved casting organisation, proper aliases are required. There are now infractions for disobeying this rule.
- Post logs and submit/verify scores after each match. This applies to both the home and away team.
- Two forfeits and your team will be removed from the league. The season is a short seven weeks and two forfeits is more than reasonable.
Full ruleset here: https://warzone.ozfortress.com/rules
MAP CHANGES SINCE LAST SEASON
Maps have been reordered for a better flow and added variety.
Prolands: Updated from b2b to b3b
New versions of all maps have been pushed to the ozfortress servers.