obla Retired League Director

Reposting an angry post here for the benefit of everyone, with names changed to protect the stupid

Ahem.

AN OPEN LETTER FROM THE ANTICHEAT PANEL

Procedure for catching cheaters:

1) stumble across suspect player
2) obtain stv of said player and review personally or within a small group
3) (ongoing) do not talk about said cheater outside of said group
4) report cheater using AC forum, demos with ticks are the only acceptable format
5) possibly submit new demos as they arise, otherwise, end

What is actually happening:

1) stumble across suspect player
2) whine about it in public or in the game
3) in doing so, tip off the cheater that they've been noticed
4) cheater backs off and begins to learn how to avoid getting caught
5) you done fucked up by now

As to why this was an angry post: people who do the above not only make our job harder, but they let genuine cheaters off the hook by informing them that they are being watched.

Don't worry about the ridiculous amount of hackers happily playing OZF each season. Better ban people for the most trivial shit possible. It's like a fucking primary school.

Idiots like YOU are the reason cheaters are so hard to catch. Speaking for myself and the AC panel, I DO NOT GIVE A FLYING FUCK HOW UNHAPPY ABOUT X PERSON CHEATING YOU ARE. I do not care how bad your PUG experiences are, I do not care if you think it is taking too long.

There is no 6) wait for ban thread or to hear back.

Once 4/5 is complete, you are not involved further. Period.

I do not care what moral high ground you may or may not have. I do not care if you like what you are hearing or not.

YOUR INPUT DOES NOT MATTER BEYOND DEMO SUBMISSION. YOU DO NOT MATTER TO THE AC PANEL BEYOND STEP 4 OR SUBSEQUENT SUBMISSIONS. ANY PUBLIC ACCUSATIONS OR BITCHING THAT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO HAMPER AN INVESTIGATION WILL BE MET WITH FORUM AND MATCH BANS. ONE MONTH MINIMUM.

DO NOT SPEAK TO ANYONE YOU SUSPECT OF CHEATING.

Thank you.